Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment: STEPPMarket Sector: Government Agencies
Project: Statewide Strategic Plan for Tobacco Prevention and Control
For the State of Colorado’s $35M Tobacco Prevention Program, SageRiver Consulting, Inc. conducted a comprehensive Strategic Planning initiative as required by Amendment 35. The project successfully incorporated input from over 350 geographically dispersed constituents resulting in a Strategic Plan that is nationally recognized by the Center for Disease Control.
This project was completed in seven months and included:
- Crafting the overall project work-plan and schedule,
- Guiding make-up of workgroups and steering committee,
- Conducting Environmental Scan both internal and external assessments,
- Planning and conducting strategy sessions with three workgroups and the steering committee,
- Planning and preparing homework for workgroup/steering committee members to complete,
- Synthesizing the results of the workgroup/steering committee strategy sessions and homework,
- Designing, developing and maintaining a project collaboration and communications website,
- Planning and conducting workshops at various conferences to gain stakeholder input,
- Planning and conducting monthly conference calls for stakeholder input,
- Championing the process, and resulting strategic plan to interested stakeholders, while
- Involving over 350 stakeholders in Colorado.