Similasan CorporationProject Category: Leadership Development Organizational Design Strategic Planning Team Building
Custom Facilitation and Strategy Development
Headquartered in Switzerland, Similasan AG is a privately held natural products company. It enjoys substantial market share across Europe and is among the best-known brands in its category. Following years of domestic growth, Similasan opened several international offices, including Similasan Corporation in the United States. The company aims to expand in the crowded U.S. marketplace, while simultaneously adapting to the shifting political and regulatory environment.
Similasan retained SageRiver Consulting to design and facilitate two executive strategy retreats and develop a strategy framework and management process to support its U.S. growth.
In collaboration with Similasan executives, SageRiver:
- Conducted a strategy survey and key stakeholder interviews
- Synthesized the results into insights for a strategy process
- Designed a strategy retreat experience for the U.S. executive leadership team
- Coordinated and facilitated a one-day session
- Summarized key outcomes into a document to serve as a foundation for a joint U.S. and Similasan AG leadership team discussion
- Designed a second strategy retreat experience for U.S. and Similasan AG executives
- Developed a visual strategy roadmap and other tools to operationalize the strategy across the organization
- Scoped and began conducting targeted research to explore over-the-counter retail digital transformation opportunities
The U.S.-based executive team developed greater clarity and alignment around its vision, mission and values and agreed upon a flexible strategy to guide its future growth. Following a second retreat with Similasan AG executives, the U.S. strategy was further refined to strengthen alignment with the overall corporate strategy. SageRiver then developed a visual strategy roadmap and helped operationalize the strategy by deploying innovative tools and techniques throughout the organization.Tags: Blue Ocean Strategy / Board Engagement / Corporations / Custom Facilitation / Environmental Scan / Executive Buy-In Process / Facilitation / Market Research / Marketing Strategy / Strategic Planning / Strategy Sessions / Team Building