University of Colorado at Denver Health Sciences CenterProject Category: Leadership Development Organizational Design Strategic Planning Team Building
Stakeholder Engagement, Team Building and Strategy Development
The University of Colorado at Denver’s Latino Research and Policy Center (LRPC) sought a guiding vision and strategy for its newly launched, grant-funded Latino/a Statewide Tobacco Prevention and Education Network (LSTPEN). The group also sought to engage statewide constituents in building a grassroots network.
Over an eight-month period, SageRiver collaborated with the LRPC’s primary investigators to complete the community and strategy development work. This effort focused on discovering LSTPEN’s strategic direction by engaging key constituents in the planning process.
- Crafting the overall project work plan and schedule
- Guiding make-up of network membership
- Conducting an environmental scan, which included internal and external assessments
- Conducting bi-monthly strategy sessions with regional network groups
- Planning and preparing strategy-related homework for completion by the network groups
- Synthesizing the results of the strategy sessions and homework
- Guiding the development of the overall LSTPEN strategic plan
Following an unexpected leadership change at LSTPEN, SageRiver was asked to facilitate team-building workshops with network partners and provide stable, consistent communication during the transition. Thanks to this work—and the strong strategic foundation that had been laid—the network maintained all its members, accomplished its objectives and met the requirements of its grant.Tags: Communications Planning / Environmental Scan / Government Agencies / Health Care / Project Architecture / Stakeholder Engagement / Strategic Plan Development / Strategic Planning / Strategy Sessions / Team Building